Friday 4 February 2011

Reflective statement


Over the last few months I have been educated into a new way of projecting my ideas and reflecting on my thoughts and work. I have done this throughout the course in my units, and my work has thrived as a result. At first I found the concept of uploading these things onto a blog impersonal, as I would have initially done it through my sketchbook, and I find it easier to project my concepts in a more visual way. However the blog has taught me too be more open in my approach, and honest in descriptions.  I consider the blog as a technological reflective journal, it has benefited me enormously, I find it easier now to analyse and criticize my practical work, and spend more time thinking of what, why and how my ideas came into place. I am much more organised, I like reflecting my work in a verbal way with the research and inspiration alongside it, reminding myself how I felt at that time and possibly how these feelings have changed.
It is hard to compare my blog with others, because every blog is individual to that person, creating quite a contrast, however I have noticed that my blog is perhaps more crowded and could benefit with less, which I will take into consideration and perhaps become more precise in my wording and descriptions, although I do like working in that way and that is what distinguishes my blogs individuality. I am really pleased in how my first unit has gone, I have applied myself  by being focused and in a result of that I have gained new skills and understanding. I have taken a new and exciting direction to my work, giving it more depth and development. I am really happy overall with my progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment